Students at Parramatta Marist study Information and Software Technology during year 9 and 10, which is taught within a Project Based Learning Model, combined with Catholic Studies to be CathTech. Students work on projects using different types of technology to create Information Technology products of a high level that are seen by real audiences. The skills learnt in this subject are transferred to other subjects and used by students to enhance the quality of their work.
- Digital Media: Students learn to use different types of graphics such as Photoshop and Illustrator (see below for a sample of work), Video and animation
- Programming: Students learn to create a computer game which is played by students within the school.
- The Internet and Website Development: Students learn different ways of creating a website
- Authoring and Multimedia: Students create interactive products such as ebooks and dvds.
Subjects offered in Year 11 and 12 at Parramatta Marist
- Industrial Technology (Multimedia)
- Information Processes and Technology
- Software Design and Development